Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 10
Delicious & moist, this recipe never fails to please and so easy to make.
- 10oz self raising flour.
- 8oz granulated sugar.
- half pint of milk.
- 4oz treacle.
- 4oz marge / butter.
- 1tsp ginger.
- 1tsp bicarb.
- 1tsp mixed spice.
- 1 egg.
- pich of salt.
- STEP 1sift flour, sugar,ginger,mixed spice & salt together.
- STEP 2melt butter & treacle together.
- STEP 3warm milk & add bicarb.
- STEP 4add wet ingredients to flour mix, and stir well.
- STEP 5add egg & stir again.
- STEP 6place in a greased & lined tin & put into a pre-heated oven, 180c gas 4-5 and cook for approx 45-50 min, insert skewer or knife, if it comes out clean, I check after 30 min & cover top with greasproof paper to stop top from burning. Remove from oven when cooked & leave for 5 min before placing on a wire rack to cool. It will be moist & sticky next day but also delicious warm. The tin I use is 7.5 inches wide x 9.5 inches long & 3 inches in depth.