Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
A nice warming autumn pud, comfort food at its best
- 350g plums, halved, stoned and chopped
- 150g blueberries
- 4 golden delicious apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 60g light muscovado sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- FOR THE CRUMBLE TOPPING:
- 100g chilled butter, diced
- 250g plain flour
- 100g demerara sugar, plus extra to sprinkle on top
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 190C/gas 5. Combine the fruits in a 2 litre ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with the muscovado sugar and half of the ground cinnamon. Spoon over 3 tbsp water, then level the fruit.
- STEP 2To make the crumble topping, rub the butter into the flour using your fingertips (or use a food processor) until the mixture in crumbly. Stir in the demerara sugar and the remaining cinnamon.
- STEP 3Sprinkle the crumble mixture evenly over the fruit (don't press it down) and finish off with a light sprinkling of demerara sugar on top. Bake for 45 mins, until the crumbles nice and golden and the fruit juices have started to bubble up around the edges. Serve warm with cream, custard or vanilla ice cream.