Porridge in the slow cooker overnight
- Preparation and cooking time
- to 10 hours
- Serves 4
The method for this recipe uses a bowl inside your slow cooker. You can add yoghurt, sultanas, blueberries, apricots, or shredded coconut etc once the slow cooking is over
- 1 cup porrdige oats
- 4 cups water
- shredded coconut or apricots
- STEP 1Set slow cooker to LOW. You need a heatproof bowl with a lid that will fit inside the slow cooker. In the heatproof bowl, mix together 1 cup rolled oats with 4 cups water. Put the lid on top of the porridge bowl and place inside the slow cooker
- STEP 2Put about 2-3 cups of water into your slow cooker bowl about half way up the heatproof bowl.
- STEP 3Put the lid onto the bowl of porridge and then the lid on the slow cooker. Cook on LOW for about 8 to 10 hours or overnight.
- STEP 4When ready put into bowls and top with a little milk and some fresh or dried fruits.