Hot Banana Souffle
Member recipe by surfnirvana
We were shown how to make this whilst on holiday Mauritius. Fabulously easy to make and goes well with hot chocolate sauce
- 50g of banana - usually 1 large banana
- 15 g caster sugar, plus extra for dusting ramekins
- 15 g butter
- 2 organic free-range eggs
- Preheat over to 200c/fan 170/gas 6
- Butter 3 individual ramekins then dust with sugar, by placing a tablespoon of sugar in each, and rolling it around the ramekin ensuring that it sticks to the bottom and sides. Shake off any excess.
- Mash the banana with 2 egg yolks until smooth - can be done in a liquidizer or processor.
- In a separate large, clean bowl, whisk the egg whites and caster sugar until firm
- Fold in the banana & egg yolk puree into the beaten egg whites
- Pour mixture into individual ramekins
- Cook in oven for 10 minutes, until risen and golden on top
- Serve with hot chocolate sauce and suggest to your guests to make a hole in the middle of the souffle and pouring in the chocolate sauce, then sit back and watch the wonder on your guests faces - they will love it!