Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Syn free Slimming World version.
- Spaghetti, 4 portions
- Minced beef, 500g
- Beef stock cube
- Garlic, crushed (more than one if liked)
- Tomato puree, 3 tbsp
- Button mushrooms, fresh or canned
- Sliced carrot, fresh or canned
- Red onion, sliced
- Can tomatoes, 2
- Mixed dried herbs
- STEP 1Brown the beef in low calorie cooking spray. Crumble over a stock cube.
- STEP 2When the mince is browned, add the garlic and mix. Then make a well in the mince and fry the tomato puree for 30 secs before combining with the mince.
- STEP 3Add the onion, mushrooms and carrot and stir occasionally over a medium for 10 minutes, or until the veggies are cooked.
- STEP 4Add the canned tomatoes and herbs, then cook for 20 minutes.
- STEP 5Meanwhile, boil the spaghetti in salted water.
- STEP 6Serve the sauce over the spaghetti.
- STEP 7The sauce tastes better the second day. If keeping some spaghetti to reheat, refresh it under cold water and spray with low calorie cooking spray before storing in the fridge.