Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Chicken in Lager
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Chicken casserole cooked in lager
- 8 Chicken Thighs
- 8 Banana Shallots chopped
- 2 Carrots chopped
- 200g small potatoes sliced
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 chicken stock pot and 1 vegetable stock pot
- 1 can of lager
- salt, pepper and mixed herbs to taste
- STEP 1Spray olive oil into pan and heat.
- STEP 2Put in the garlic, quick stir then quickly place in the thighs and fry on both sides in the garlic, place lid on pan and cook for a few minutes.
- STEP 3Add the chopped shallots, carrots and potatoes, stir in with chicken and put the lid on and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- STEP 4Heat oven 190 degrees (170 degrees for fan oven).
- STEP 5Add in the stock cubes and pour in the lager, give the pan a good stir. Bring to boil and turn off hob.
- STEP 6One more stir then place pan with lid into the oven for 45 - 60 minutes. Check that chicken cooked and veg has softened. Add seasoning only if required. The stock will have thickened naturally so there should be no need to thicken the gravy.
- STEP 7Serve with good seasonal greens