- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 12 slices
Soft oats bars with either chocolate or fruit
- 8oz butter or margarine
- 2tbsp golden syrup
- 4oz self raising flour
- 10oz oats
- 8oz sugar
- Optional 5oz chopped chocolate
- Optional 5oz dried fruit
- STEP 1Melt the butter and syrup together in a large pan
- STEP 2Remove from the heat and stir in the flour.
- STEP 3Stir in the oats.
- STEP 4If adding chocolate, allow the mixture to cool for 10 minutes to avoid the chocolate melting too much.
- STEP 5Stir in the sugar.
- STEP 6Add dried fruit.
- STEP 7spoon into a greased baking tray and press down firmly.
- STEP 8Bake at 180 Celsius/160 Celsius Fan oven, for 20-25 minutes, until lightly golden brown.
- STEP 9leave to cool in the tray for 5 minutes before cutting into slices. Leave in the tray to cool completely. Store in an air tight tin.