- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 750 ml Squash
We all collect to many blackberries in summer, they are everywhere, so this recipe is a great way to make a refreshing drink.
- 800g Blackberries
- 375g Granulated or Caster sugar
- 2 lemons, Zest of 2 and juice of 1
- 150 ml water
- STEP 1First sterilize glass or plastic bottles to store the cordial, this is a very important step and can significantly expand the life of a cordial.
- STEP 2Add the blackberries, lemon zest and water to a large saucepan, leave to simmer for 10-15 minutes, the blackberries should be very mushy, make sure you stir regularly.
- STEP 3Then, strain the mixture through a sieve into a jug, making sure you squeeze out all the juice from the pulp, there should be around 500 ml of this liquid.
- STEP 4Return the liquid to a large saucepan and dissolve the sugar over a low heat, once dissolved increase the heat to boiling point and take of the heat before quickly adding in the lemon juice. Pour into the sterlized bottle, serve 1 part cordial to 4-5 part water.