- Preparation and cooking time
- maybe cook for 30 mins, depends on your oven.
- Makes 9
A fruity flapjack that lasts only a short time, only because family take a piece every time a cuppa is made!
- 4 ozs butter
- 4 tbsps gold syrup
- 2 ozs dem. sugar
- 2 ozs raisins or sultanas
- 1 oz glace cherries
- 1 oz finely chopped walnuts
- 8 ozs porridge oats and pinch salt
- STEP 1Grease square tin (7 inches)
- STEP 2Melt butter, sugar, and syrup in pan on low heat.
- STEP 3Stir in fruits and nuts and place mixture in tin, and flatten with small palette knife.
- STEP 4Bake 25 mins. - Reg 4 gas, or 180 electric. Centre of oven. Bake until gold brown. Cut into 9 squares. (3x3)