Chocolate Bran Slices
- Preparation and cooking time
- approx 1 hour in fridge to set
- Makes 12 portions
A very simple recipe with no baking involved. Must be chilled before eating. A popular treat that will delight both young and old.
- 4 ozs butter
- 3 - 4 ozs marshmallows
- 8 ozs plain chocolate ( I use Bournville but cooking choc. is fine )
- 4 tbsps golden syrup
- 3 ozs cornflakes (crushed)
- 3 ozs bran flakes (crushed)
- STEP 1Line 7 inch square tin with greaseproof paper. Grease gently with cooking oil.
- STEP 2Melt butter, marshmallows, choc. & syrup over low heat. Stir gently & constantly.
- STEP 3When all melted remove from heat & stir in crushed cornflakes & bran flakes, then spread mix in tin.
- STEP 4When cooled leave to chill in fridge for about an hour. Cut into 12 pieces, & remove gr'proof paper.
- STEP 5N.B. If you like walnuts, a few chopped finely, can be added when stirring in the flakes. I have also added 1 oz. sultanas to the mix and that was good.