My mother's fatless sponge
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- 20 mins cooking time
- Serves 6
- 4 large eggs
- 179g castor sugar
- 56g plain flour
- 35g cornflour
- 1 level teaspoon baking powder
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 165C/fan, 185C, 350-375F.
- STEP 2Line 2 X 8 inch sponge tins
- STEP 3Seive the flour, baking powder and cornflour together.
- STEP 4Seperate eggs and whisk egg whites until stiff.
- STEP 5Whisk in sugar.
- STEP 6Whish egg yolks and then add them to the whites, whisk altogether.
- STEP 7Fold in flour, cornflour and baking powder and divide between the 2 tins.