Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Fillet of beef Venezuelan style
- Preparation and cooking time
- Marinating time approx 12 hours
- Serves 8
A beautifully tender dish, one for a special occasion.
- 1 fillet beef approx 3 kg
- 5 onions cut into slices
- 2 carrots cut into rings approx 1 cm deep
- 1 red pepper diced into large chunks, 1 green pepper diced into chunks
- 5 spring onions sliced
- 1 leek sliced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 head of garlic
- 1/4 cup (approx 60 ml) Worcester sauce
- 10 tsp of oil (4 for frying fillet)
- 1 litre of dry white wine
- STEP 1Preperation. Put the onions, carrots, peppers, spring onions, cumin and garlic into a large pan and place the beef fillet on top. Pour over 4 tsp oil and the worcester sauce. Leave to marinade at least 12 hours or overnight in the fridge.
- STEP 2Take out the beef, reserving the marinade liquid and vegetables and place into a deep frying pan or saucepan with 6 tsp of oil. Seal the beef on all sides until it is a dark brown (almost black) in colour. Add the marinade liquid, the vegetables, the white wine to the pan and add salt and pepper to taste. Cook uncovered on a low heat for about 4 hours.
- STEP 3Remove the beef and cut into slices approx 1 cm wide. Strain the gravy and serve over the beef.