Honeyed carrot & thyme loaf
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 1 loaf
Perfect smeared with chutney or pickle and a slice of strong cheddar
- Carrots, 4
- Coconut oil or olive oil, heaped teaspoon
- Honey, 3 tablespoon
- Dried thyme
- Wholemeal flour, 100g
- Plain flour, 125g
- Baking powder, 3/4 teaspoon
- Bicarbonate of soda, 3/4 teaspoon
- Mixed spice, 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin, 1/2 teaspoon
- Eggs, 3
- Plain yoghurt, 50g
- STEP 1Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees. Grate the carrots. Mix together the honey and oil until well combined. Stir into the carrots and season with salt & pepper and 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme. Mix well to coat all the carrot. Roast 10-15 minutes.
- STEP 2Meanwhile, mix flour, bicarb, baking powder, salt, spices and herbs.
- STEP 3In a separate bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Add the honey and plain yoghurt and a tablespoon of oil. Beat well. Combine the wet with the dry and then fold in the roasted carrots.
- STEP 4Pour into a greased and lined standard loaf tin and bake 50 minutes - 1 hour. Let cool before slicing and serving with butter, pickle, chutney, or cheese.