Corned beef n' onion stirfry
Member recipe by stormed
A simple, easy and quick meal using storecuboard ingredients, perfect with brown rice on a winters night.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can (200g) corned beef, chopped
- 1/2 cup garden peas
- 2 tbsp Wostershire sauce
- Brown rice
- Firstly, boil 1 cup of water for the brown rice, add 1/2 cup of rice and reduce to simmer, keeping it covered. Next, heat the oil in a frying pan on high heat and fry the onions until browned, roughly 5/6 mins
- Add the beef to the pan, breaking it up with a wooden spatula. Add a generous amount of Worstershire sauce.
- add the defrosted garden peas and stir, then reduce heat to medium/low
- Add water if it starts to dry out, taste and season with more Worstershire sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- When rice has absorbed water, fluff with a fork and serve with corned beef stirfry. Add HP sauce, ketchup, salt/pepper ect to taste.