Quick Chicken for One - Excellent!
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 1
I accept that the title is not very enlightening, but I assure you is it both accurate and well worth making! Chicken with ginger and garlic, what's not to like?
- Half a chicken breast
- A good grating of root ginger
- Half a clove of garlic
- 4 or 5 slices of salami, it depends on how big they are. enough to wrap the chicken.
- 1 portion of rice, about 75g
- 1 portion of steamed vegetables, I like broccoli.
- 1 dollop of cream cheese, I use Philly with Chives, or some chicken stock and coriander garnish
- STEP 1Boil the rice. While the rice is on, wrap the chicken in the salami, incorporating the grated ginger and crushed garlic. It should look a bit like a sausage.
- STEP 2Heat a little oil in a pan and add the chicken. Cook, turning, until done. Rest until the rice is ready.
- STEP 3When the rice is half done, insert the florets of broccoli, stem down, so that the stems boil and the florets steam.
- STEP 4Arrange all on a warm plate and add a good dollop of cream cheese, which will melt a bit and form a creamy sauce. Or reduce a little chicken stock if you prefer. Dress with coriander, basil or parsley.
- STEP 5It may be simple, but it is very, very good. Next time I make it I'll take a photo!