Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 12-24 muffins
This recipe is a great way to get fibre in to your body.
- 5 1/2 cups Bran flake cereal
- 3 cups Buttermilk
- 1 cup Oil
- 3 cups Flour
- 3 Eggs
- 2 cups Brown sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3 tsp Baking powder
- 3 tsp Baking soda
- 1 1/2 Salt
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 350c. In one bowl combine the bran flakes and buttermilk. Let sit for 15 minutes stirring a few times.
- STEP 2In a seperate bowl whisk together the oil and eggs. Stir in brown sugar and vanilla until well mixed.
- STEP 3Then stir in the bran mixture. Make sure to mix well.
- STEP 4In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Combine the bran mixture with the flour mix.
- STEP 5Fill muffin cases about 2/3 full for an even rise. Bake for 25 minuets. Let cool and enjoy.