Member recipe by stephie_kay
ServingsServes 1 - 1 Litre
Delicious mineral-packed alternative to milk. Serve over ice cubes to cool out on a warm day, warm it up on a chilly night, add to your coffee for a change, or pour over your porridge. Also great alternative for kids who don't like their glass of milk
- 400g blanched almonds
- 4tbsp sweetener e.g. Canderel (You can use 150g of caster sugar if you dont want to use sweetener)
- 1.5tbsp clear honey
- 2tsp cinnamon
- Boil 900ml of water
- Pulse the almonds in a blender until finely chopped. Blend in sugar, honey and cinnamon to resemble a paste.
- While blender is still on, add boiling water slowly until it becomes frothy on top. About 1 minute.
- Allow it to cool (or cool in the fridge over night) and strain to your liking. (I like it with some texture in!)
- TIP: Dont like almonds? Use cashew nuts instead. Also very delicious
- TIP 2: If you cant find blanched almonds, just blanche them yourself. Immerse them in boiling water for about 1.5-2 minutes and they'll easily come out of their shell