Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Homemade Sandwich Crackers
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 12
One of the best tea time desserts. Easy to make. Try this recipe.
- 150 grams flour, all-purpose
- 25 grams sugar
- 25 grams salt
- 75 grams butter chilled
- 1/2 whole egg beaten
- 50 millilitres water cooled
- 50 grams butter
- 100 grams sugar
- 1 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- STEP 1Sift the flour. Place the flour, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Mix. Rub the butter into the flour mixture with your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- STEP 2Next add approximately 1/2 of the beaten egg yolk and also add the water. Mix well your hands. Try to work quickly.
- STEP 3Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- STEP 4Now take the chilled dough and roll out into a large square that is about 1/8 inch thick, using a rolling pin. Cut it into cracker sized squares ( 1 3/4 x 1 3/4 inch) using a pastry cutter (fluted cutter is great if you have one).prick the cracker with a fork
- STEP 5Lightly butter a baking tray and then line with oiled or baking sprayed parchment paper. Place the crackers onto the baking tray.
- STEP 6Bake about 7 minutes at 200C degrees or until the edges are just starting to brown.
- STEP 7Remove from oven. Allow to cool.
- STEP 8For the filling: Using an electric mixer, beat butter in a bowl until pale and fluffy. Gradually add icing sugar and milk, beating constantly until combined. Add vanilla . Mix well.
- STEP 9Now take one cracker and spread 2 teaspoons of the filling on the bottom of it and then top with another cracker. Press down.
- STEP 10Serve and enjoy.
- STEP 11See my web sites
- STEP 12www.stellarecipe.webs.com
- STEP 13www.recipesrilanka.blogspot.com