Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
home made mashmallowes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Cooling time 6 hours
- Serves 25
- 15 grams Unflavored gelatin
- 225 grams sugar
- 200 ml Hot water
2 tsp icing sugar for final touch up
- rice balls
- STEP 1Soften the gelatin with 50ml of hot water. (keep the bowl warm in the double boiler if necessary.)
- STEP 2Melt the sugar in the rest of the hot water.
- STEP 3Pour the sugar water into the gelatin and mix them with an electric mixer for about 5 minutes
- STEP 4Pour the sugar water into the gelatin and mix them with an electric mixer for about 5 minutes
- STEP 5The mixture will start to set once it cools, so quickly pour the mixture into the container.
- STEP 6Let cool for 6 hours.