Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Pear and almond muffins
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 23 approx
Deliciously moist pear and almond muffins with just a touch of spice.
- 3 cups self raising flour
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 3/4 cup demerera sugar
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 2 tbsps soft light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of low fat natural yoghurt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsps almond essence
- 3 ripe pears cut into chunks
- flaked almonds (optional)
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 160C (320 F or gas mark 3). Note you may need to adjust the temperature or times slightly depending on your oven.
- STEP 2Sift the flour into a bowl and add the ground almonds. Add the sugar and oil and stir until combined.
- STEP 3Add the yoghurt and eggs and stir again until combined.
- STEP 4Add the cinnamon and almond essence and beat until fully combined.
- STEP 5Lastly fold in the chunks of pear, by hand, this will prevent the fruit from being chopped up too much by an electric mixer.
- STEP 6Half fill prepared muffin cases and sprinkle some flaked almond on the top (optional) then put the trays in the preheated oven.
- STEP 7Bake for 10-15 mins until golden brown or until a skewer comes out clean.
- STEP 8Allow to cool on a wire rack, these muffins can also be eaten hot with custard for a yummy dessert. Enjoy!