Whiskey Fried Chicken
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 3
Deliciously juicy chicken fried with whiskey and dark soy sauce for extra flavour. Perfect with rice or pasta.
- 3 Chicken Breasts (Diced or Strips)
- 1/2 Diced Onion (Fresh or Frozen)
- 1 Diced Bell Pepper (Fresh or Frozen)
- 1 Diced Carrot (Fresh or Frozen)
- 1 Cup of Whiskey
- 1 Cup of Dark Soy Sauce
- Garlic - Powered and Paste
- Ginger Paste
- Coriander Paste
- 1 Tbsp of Oil
- Cheese of your choice - Grated
- STEP 1Heat the oil in a large frying pan on a high heat before adding the Chicken and flash frying it until it is sealed.
- STEP 2Lower the heat to medium then add the Carrots Onions and Bell Pepper and fry until soft.
- STEP 3Season liberally with Salt, Pepper and Garlic Powder and mix in.
- STEP 4Add 1/2 Cup of the Whiskey and simmer for 5 to 10 Minutes.
- STEP 5Add the Garlic, Ginger and Coriander Paste and mix in fully.
- STEP 6Add all the Soy Sauce and remaining Whiskey. Stir and simmer for 10 minutes.
- STEP 7Cover in grated cheese and cover the pan while it melts. After 3 to 5 minutes remove the lid and stir together.
- STEP 8Serve over a bed of rice or pasta.