Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Marinade for at least one hour.
- More effort
- Serves 4
Mexican style beef stew - with a kick.
- 500g beef shin, 3m cubes
For the marinade
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika (hot)
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 50ml tequila (optional)
For the sauce
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g pasata
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp smoked paprika (hot)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- splash of tequila
- STEP 1Marinade the beef for at least 1 hour.
- STEP 2Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan.
- STEP 3Seal the meat, remove from pan and set aside.
- STEP 4Fry the onions and 3 of the garlic cloves until golden.
- STEP 5Add the pasata, sugar, cumin, coriander and paprika.
- STEP 6Add the beef.
- STEP 7Cook on a low heat for a minimum of one hour, stirring occasionally.
- STEP 8Ten minutes before serving, add the last garlic clove and a splash of tequila. Stir in thoroughly.
- STEP 9Serve with boiled rice.