Chorizo and Quorn sausage rice
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 1
This recipe is quite good for someone who wants a moderate amount of spice. The chili powder gives it a bit of a kick but what really gives it spice is keeping the seeds in the chili peppers when you cook them. For even more spice, you can get a spicier chorizo, and if you want less, you could remove the seeds from the chili pepper, or remove the addition of chili powder. The tomato chunks in tomato juice have a light flavour so really it is the chorizo that gives you the flavour unless you use meaty sausages instead of Quorn ones.
- 130g Diced Chorizo
- 1 Clove Garlic (crushed)
- 1 tsp hot chili powder
- 1 Quorn Sausage, diced into 0.5cm thick squares (Or any other sausages, I just used Quorn)
- 1 red chili pepper, cut into 0.5cm thick slices
- 1 230g tin of chopped tomatoes with tomato juice (do not drain, the tomato juice is important to the recipe)
- Rice, to serve with the recipe
- STEP 1Crush the clove of garlic and put it into a frying pan along with the chili pepper slices
- STEP 2Fry for 4 minutes before adding in the Quorn sausage and diced Chorizo.
- STEP 3Wait until the chorizo is noticeably crispy before adding in the chili powder and chopped tomatoes.
- STEP 4Start cooking rice in a saucepan, according to the manufacturer's instructions, continuing to cook chorizo and sausage pieces until the rice is done. This boils off some of the liquid that was added in with the tomato chunks, giving the dish the correct consistency.
- STEP 5Serve on top of rice and enjoy