Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 20
An easy to make gyoza recipe with a delicious soy dipping sauce
- Packet of 20 gyoza skins - defrosted
- Small bowl of tepid water
For the filling
- 1 x tin canned water chestnuts, drained
- 50g white cabbage, roughly chopped
- 1 small carrot, roughly chopped
- 1/2 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 celery stick, roughly chopped
- 25g cornflour
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- pinch of white pepper
For the dipping sauce
- 3tbsp dark soy
- 1tbsp rice wine vinegar
- chopped fresh red chilli
- STEP 1Add all the filling ingredients to a food processor and blitz until finely chopped.
- STEP 2Spoon around 2 tsp of the mixture into the centre of a flat gyoza skin (donÂt over fill), then brush Â½ of the circular pastry with water. Fold over the other half and seal into a semi-circle shape.
- STEP 3In a wide flat pan place 4-5 parcels at a time in some vegetable oil and fry for 2 minutes.
- STEP 4Remove the pan from the heat for 1 minute and carefully, add a couple of tablespoons of water to the pan (mind you donÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂt set it on fire). Put the pan back on the heat and cover with a lid. Steam the gyoza for another 3-4 minutes.
- STEP 5Add all the dipping sauce ingredients to a small dipping bowl and stir
- STEP 6Put the gyozas onto a serving plate, dip and enjoy.