- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- No extra time needed unless reheating before serving
- Serves 5
A luscious desert best served with a good dollop of custard. Good for warming you up on cold winter nights. A personal favourite of mine.
For the Crumble:
- 100 grams of rolled oats
- 100 grams of plain flour
- 75 grams of brown sugar
- 100 grams of butter/margarine
For the Apple Filling:
- 800 grams of cooking apples (peeled and quartered)
- 100 grams of caster sugar
- 4 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 75 grams of raisins/sultanas
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 190.C/375.F/gas 5
- STEP 2Put the apple chunks in a sauce pan on a low heat, add in the sugar, water, lemon juice and cinnamon and leave to simmer for 5-8 mins, occaisionally stir to insure all the apple chunks cook. Add the raisins lower the heat and leave for 2 mins. When done put into a large baking dish.
- STEP 3Cut the butter into small cubes.
- STEP 4For the crumble add the flour and oats into a medium/large mixing bowl.
- STEP 5Rub the butter in with fingertips until crumble mixture appears (try not to leave any big chunks of butter).
- STEP 6Place the crumble on-top of the apple mixture and smooth over.
- STEP 7Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins until golden.
- STEP 8Serve instantly or reheat 10-15 mins before serving.