Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Moroccan style chick pea soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- 5 mins blending
- Serves 4
This hearty soup makes a good winter lunch or supper dish plus it's cheap to make
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion chopped
- 2tsp fresh root ginger grated
- 1 level tsp ground coriander
- 1level tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 250g sweet potato (peeled weight) cubed
- 150g carrots cubed
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 700ml veg stock
- 400g can chick peas drained & rinsed
- STEP 1Heat oil in a pan and saute the onion until soft. Add the ginger and spices and cook for another 1-2minutes
- STEP 2Add there sweet potato carrots, tomatoes and stock. Heat until simmering. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- STEP 3Remove a third of the vegetables with half of the cooking liquid and puree using a hand blender/ processor return to pan and add the chick peas
- STEP 4Heat through and serve with some warm pitta breads.