Stuffed Baked Courgettes
Member recipe by beccabryant
- 1 large courgette
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 crushed clove of garlic
- 125g goats cheese
- 125g grated cheddar cheese (strength to your choice)
- 1 pepper chopped (whatever colour is your preference)
- 12 g butter
- 12 g plain flour
- 150 ml (1/4 pint) milk
- salt and pepper
- Cut the courgettes in half lengthways, scoop out the middle and chop finely.
- Cook the onion in the oil until soft. Mix with the chopped courgette, cheese, pepper and crushed garlic.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Gradually add the milk, stirring continuously. Add the courgette and cheese mixture, season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon the filling into the courgette shells and place in an ovenproof dish.
- Bake in a 160 degrees Celsius oven for about 20-30 minutes or until cooked. Serve hot.