Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Lasagne with a twist
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 6
A creamy variation of the ususal lasagne!
For the Red Sauce:
- 500g of Beef Mince
- 500g of Pork Mince
- 500g of creamy and bacon pasta bake sauce
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 1-3 tbsp of Paprika (to your taste)
- 1-3 tbsp of garlic paste (to your taste)
- 1x corgette
- 1x onion (red or white)
- 1x red pepper
- 125g of closed cup mushrooms
For the white sauce:
- 75g of savoury white cause mix (usually three packs)
For the pasta:
- 250g Dried Lasagne sheets.
For the finishing touches:
- Handful of grated cheddar cheese (you choose the strength to your taste)
- 200g Leerdammer Cheese or Mozzarella
- STEP 1Heat oven to Gas Mark 6 or 180 degrees.
- STEP 2Place all of the mince (both pork and beef) into a large pan and brown off. Whilst the meat is browning chop up the corgette, onion, red pepper and mushroom as small as you can. I usually use a hand belnder and pulse it until they're finely cut.
- STEP 3Once they are cut and the meat is browned off add them to the pan of meat.
- STEP 4Now add the pasta bake sauce, chopped tomatoes and garlic paste.
- STEP 5I would advise that you add water if the sauce is too thick.
- STEP 6Leave the red sauce mixture to simmer for aproximately 20-30 minutes. You can leave it longer on a low heat if you wish.
- STEP 7When the red sauce mixture is nearly cooked start the white sauce.
- STEP 8To make the white sauce follow instructions on the back of the packet and slowly stir in a handful of cheddar cheese. Now you're ready to build your lasagne.
- STEP 9To build the lasagne get a large oven proof dish.
- STEP 10Firstly put a small amount of white sauce in the bottom of the dish to prevent the pasta from sticking. Then layer with pasta, then red sauce - repeating until you have aproximately 1/2 inch to 2.5 centimeters from the top of the dish.
- STEP 11Then pour over your white sauce, spreading so it covers the whole top of the lasagne.
- STEP 12Then place the Leerdammer/Mozzarella over the white sauce.
- STEP 13Place the lasagne in the middle of the oven and leave for 30-40 minutes.
- STEP 14Keep an eye on the lasagne, it will be cooked when the cheese has gone a golden colour in the middle and crispy at the edges (personally I love the crispy bit!)
- STEP 15Now you are ready to serve!