Quick Chocolate Mousse
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 6
Quick and easy recipe that contains no eggs or gelatine, suitable for any occasion. Great served with fruit.
- 100g bar good quality plain chocolate
- 50ml milk
- 200ml double cream
- 100g strawberries (or other seasonal fruit) sliced.
- STEP 1Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- STEP 2Heat the milk until boiling, then whisk in melted chocolate. Leave to cool.
- STEP 3Whip 150ml of cream until soft peak stage, then fold into cooled chocolate.
- STEP 4Reserve 6 strawberries for decoration, place remainder into 6 serving ramekins or small bowls.
- STEP 5Evenly spoon in the chocolate mixture.
- STEP 6Whip remaining cream and use to decorate the the top of the desert with the sliced strawberries.