Member recipe by sophieredican
A refreshing rhubarb sorbet that keeps well in the freezer - a great way of using up rhubarb if you've grown too much!
- 500g rhubarb
- 225g caster sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 150ml water
- Wash, trim and cut the rhubarb into 1 inch chunks.
- Place rhubarb, sugar, lemon juice and water in a pan and gently cook until soft, around 15-20 minutes.
- Allow rhubarb to cool then blend mixture in a liquidizer until smooth.
- Freeze in an air tight container stirring every hour to prevent ice crystals forming until set, around 4-6 hours. Alternatively use an ice cream maker to churn then store in an air tight container and freeze for around 4 hours until set.
- Lovely served with baked bananas, a nutty cake (especially pistachios) or on its own!