Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Vegan creamy quick and easy sweetcorn soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
This unfussy sweetcorn soup only requires a few ingredients and can be prepared in 15 minutes. It has a creamy, mild and sweet flavour; popular with children. Also, It doesn't just go well with your Chinese meals, it also pairs well with toast or ciabatta.
- 1 tin creamed sweetcorn (normally around 400ml)*
- 400ml water (equal to the mls in the tin)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Bouillon (vegetable stock) *
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 long spring onion (white part only)
- 50g oyster mushrooms, finely chopped (optional)
- Handful of coriander, finely chopped (optional)
- STEP 1Divide the spring onion into 3 equal parts. Slice 1 part horizontally for garnish and thinly shred the over 2 parts for cooking.
- STEP 2Heat the olive oil in a saucepan, add the finely shredded spring onion and fry for 2-3 minutes until it turns slightly golden in colour.
- STEP 3Pour in the creamed sweetcorn and then refill the tin to the top with water and pour that in as well. Cook on high heat until the soup is boiling.
- STEP 4Add the chopped oyster mushrooms (if using), season with salt and bouillon and stir gently.
- STEP 5Reduce the heat to medium, cover with the lid and simmer for 5 minutes.
- STEP 6Pour the soup into two serving bowls equally, garnish with the rest of spring onion and coriander. This soup is best served hot.