Pickled cucumber with dill
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 1 kg
Making your own pickled cucumber is so tasty and super easy to do. These pickled cucumbers take only 2-3 days to be ready. They are delicious with any salads, sandwiches and adding an irresistible crunch and flavour to your summer BBQ with vegan burgers and sausages.
- 1kg Persian cucumbers
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 litre water
- 200ml white vinegar
- 20g fresh dill, roughly chopped
- 2 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp whole black peppercorn
- STEP 1Wash and drain the cucumbers. Cut off the ends of the cucumbers and slice them in half long-ways.
- STEP 2Strip the dill from its hard stems and chop roughly.
- STEP 3Pour 200ml water and 200ml white vinegar into a small saucepan over medium heat, add maple syrup and salt. Heat and stir until all the salt is dissolved. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- STEP 4Place the cucumber, garlic, dill and peppercorns into a large glass jar.
- STEP 5Mix 800ml cold water with the pickling liquid and pour into the jar.
- STEP 6Cover and place in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.