Broccoli and edamame salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
This broccoli salad is so nutritious and works beautifully as a fast side dish, light lunch or dinner. It is quick and easy to prepare, ideal as a quick and lazy after gym protein booster. It is vegan, gluten-free and high-protein, you won't believe this little plate of green contains 22g protein per serving.
- 200g broccoli, cut into florets
- 120 shelled edamame beans
- 1/2 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 100g of mixed salad leaves
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 20g of roasted peanuts
- 1/2 tsp roasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce*
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- STEP 1Cook the edamame beans in a pot of boiling water for 5 minutes, add the broccoli florets cook for other 2-3 minutes.
- STEP 2Rinse the cooked edamame and broccoli florets with ice-cold water and drain well, set aside.
- STEP 3Combine the maple sesame seeds, tahini, peanut butter, soy sauce*, lemon juice, maple syrup, salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl, mixing well.
- STEP 4Place the all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently to combine.
- STEP 5Regular soy sauce is made with fermented wheat. Use gluten-free soy sauce if you are gluten intolerant.