- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Around half hour to cool
- Makes Bars
This is definitley a family favourite you'll have them polished off and asking for more.
- 225g[8 oz] butter
- 75g[3 oz]sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of runny honey and another of golden syrup.
- 350g[12oz]porridge oats
For chocolate flapjacks
- 100g[4oz]plain chocolate
For fruit and nut flapjacks
- 100g[4 oz]sultanas,raisins or currants
- 50g[2oz]chopped nuts
- STEP 1Grease the baking tin with a little butter using a paper towel.
- STEP 2Turn on the oven to 180 C/350 F or gas mark 4.Put the butter,sugar and honey and golden syrup in the pan over a low heat and stir until melted.
- STEP 3Take the pan off the heat and stir in the porridge oats,mixing well.
- STEP 4Spread the mixture into the tin and press it down well with the spoon.
- STEP 5Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.Take care not to overcook as the flapjacks will then be dry.Cut into twelve pieces and leave to cool completely in the tin.
- STEP 6For the chocolate flapjacks melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of hot .Take the bowl off the pan and dip each flapjack into the melted chocolate and leave to set on a wiring rack.You can also put the melted chocolate into the icing syringe to decorate the flapjacks.
- STEP 7For the fruit and nut flapjacks
- STEP 8Make the plain flapjacks and add the fruit and nuts with the porridge oats,mixing well.