Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Possible extra 10 mins cooking time for more well-done brownies.
- Makes 10-30 brownies, 2 layers of cake or 20 cupcakes.
Simple recipe for brownies, they taste amazing! Good alone, cooled or warm, served with ice cream or made into a brownie cake. I use my own chicken eggs and vegan butter to make it more friendly!
- 175g granulated sugar
- 40g cocoa powder
- 185g butter (or vegan butter)
- 2 eggs
- 70g plain flour
- 15g raising flour
- 185g dark chocolate (I recommend Bournville Dark Chocolate)
- STEP 1Break up the chocolate and melt into a large bowl until smooth in the microwave (stir every 30 seconds).
- STEP 2Then add the butter into the bowl and melt for a further 10/20 seconds. Mix with a spoon. Preheat the oven to 170°c.
- STEP 3Sift the cocoa powder and flours into the bowl and mix with a spoon. Add the sugar and eggs then mix with an electric whisk until smooth.
- STEP 4Pour the mixture into a square baking tin layered with baking paper. Shake tin to level out.
- STEP 5Cook in the oven for about 20 minutes then turn the heat to 160°c. For more well done brownies - Cook for another 15 minutes. Then eat.