Chicken and Mushroom Risotto
Member recipe by beanie25
A tasty, quick and easy dish which will leave you licking your lips!
- 80g Mushrooms, Chopped
- 50g Peas
- 50g Sweetcorn
- 20g Onion, Chopped
- You can choose which vegetables you wish to use and/or can substitute some in as long as the total weight of the veg adds up to 200g
- 250g Chicken Breast
- 1 tbsp oil
- 75g Risotto rice - Arborio
- Sotck cube - chicken or vegetable
- 500ml water
- Wash, prepare and chop vegetables. Cut the vegetables evenly so that they are not too big and chunky
- Cut the Chicken into 2cm pieces
- Place the oil into a frying pan and heat. When oil is warm add the onion and raw meat. Fry this for 3-4 minutes. Be careful not to overheat the oil
- Add the rest of the vegetables and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook for 1 minute until it goes transparent.
- Add a crumbled stock cube plus 500ml of water. Bring to medium heat and then when the mixture boils turn the heat down and simmer on a low heat for 20 minutes. The rice should be soft and fluffy at the end and it should have absorbed the liquid.
- Dish up and Enjoy!!!