Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Chicken and Mushroom Risotto
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 1
A tasty, quick and easy dish which will leave you licking your lips!
- 80g Mushrooms, Chopped
- 50g Peas
- 50g Sweetcorn
- 20g Onion, Chopped
- You can choose which vegetables you wish to use and/or can substitute some in as long as the total weight of the veg adds up to 200g
- 250g Chicken Breast
- 1 tbsp oil
- 75g Risotto rice - Arborio
- Sotck cube - chicken or vegetable
- 500ml water
- STEP 1Wash, prepare and chop vegetables. Cut the vegetables evenly so that they are not too big and chunky
- STEP 2Cut the Chicken into 2cm pieces
- STEP 3Place the oil into a frying pan and heat. When oil is warm add the onion and raw meat. Fry this for 3-4 minutes. Be careful not to overheat the oil
- STEP 4Add the rest of the vegetables and cook for 5 minutes.
- STEP 5Add the rice and cook for 1 minute until it goes transparent.
- STEP 6Add a crumbled stock cube plus 500ml of water. Bring to medium heat and then when the mixture boils turn the heat down and simmer on a low heat for 20 minutes. The rice should be soft and fluffy at the end and it should have absorbed the liquid.
- STEP 7Dish up and Enjoy!!!