Nan's Minced Pies
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 12-15
- 8oz plain flour
- 3oz lard & 2oz Marg
- tsp castr sugar
- 1 egg yolk & water to bind
- 1 jar mincemeat (bought or homemade)
- STEP 1Mix flour & lard/marg with caster sugar by hand to form breadcrumbs, Add yolk/water to bind. Don't overmix & keep hands cold.
- STEP 2Cut out on a floured surface
- STEP 3Add about 1 tsp filling per pie & then add cut out lids. Don't overfill!
- STEP 4Bake for 13-20 minutes on 190-200c
- STEP 5Allow to cool slightly & dust with icing sugar