Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- May be served hot or cold but for best result leave overnight in the fridge
- Serves 6
A traditional Russian dish that even liver haters enjoy
For the liver pancakes:
- 500 gr liver (pork, beef, chicken)
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp flour
- 70ml of milk
- pinch of salt, pepper to taste
For the filling:
- 3-4 large carrots largely grated
- 1 onion diced
- STEP 1Wash your liver and put it into a food processor
- STEP 2Add 3 eggs, 3 table spoons of flour, 70ml of milk to the liver and turn the processor on, leave it until the mixture forms into a smooth quite liquidy paste.
- STEP 3Heat your non stick pan. Add a little bit of oil and pour some of the liver mixture onto the pan so it forms a pancake. When the pancake starts changing colour flip it. (if it brakes add a bit more flour to the mixture). It should be enough dor about 7 pancakes, although it does depend on the size of the pan.
- STEP 4When the pancakes are ready set them aside. Fry the onions till golden and add the carrots for 1 minute so they still stay crunchy. This is your filling.
- STEP 5Now put mayonaise onto each liver pancake and some of your filling. Arrange it into a cake.
- STEP 6The filling can be anything! Some people prefer mayonaise and cheese as filling. Or tomatoes, olives, even potatoes or pasta. You will have to find your family favourite. Enjoy :)