Pear and chocolate tartlets
Member recipe by sigridverbert
Almost indecent but a great match with a cup of tea on a sunday afternoon
- for the poached pears:
- 4 pears
- 1/2 vanilla pod
- 1l water
- 500g sugar
- for the cocoa and hazelnut crust:
- 200g all-purpose flour
- 125g butter, softened
- 75g confectionar's sugar
- 25g toasted hazelnuts, finely processed
- 1 egg
- 1tbsp cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 pinch of salt
- for the chocolate filling:
- 225g plain chocolate (55%)
- 150g butter, melted
- 75g sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 eggyolks
- Poach the pears: put the water to boil together with the suger and the vanillapod (grate off the vanilla seeds first), add the peeled pears (whitout cutting them) and let simmer for half an hour. Let the pears cool in their syrup.
- Prepare the tartlet crust: beat the egg with the sugar, the butter, the hazelnuts and the salt. Add the flour sifted with the cocoa powder and film the dough with alimentary plastic. Put into the freezer for 30 minutes, then transfer into the fridge for other 30 minutes. Let rest at room temperature for 10 minutes before using.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 5. Roll out the dough to 2-3mm and line 8 tartlets with the dough. Bake the tartlet in the oven for about 15 minutes and let them cool.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Beat the eggs and the yolks together with the sugar, add the melted chocolate and the butter.
- Poor 2 tbsp of the chocolate mixture in each baked tartlet, add a quarter of a drained pear and top with more chocolate untill the tartlets are filled. Put back in the oven for 20 minutes. Serve at room temperature.