Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Lemon & ricotta cupcakes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- 30 minutes cooling time
- Makes Muffins
Very lemony cupcakes with a little italian twist for absolute lemon fanatics
- 200g all-purpose flour
- 150g sugar
- 150g fresh ricotta
- 120g butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- a few drops of almond essence
for the lemon-glaze:
- 125g confectionar's sugar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 5.
- STEP 2Prepare the decoration: cut the yellow part of one lemon into thin stripes, and let them simmer in a pan with 200g water and 200g sugar for about 20 minutes. Let the lemon stripes cool in the syrup while you prepare the cupcakes.
- STEP 3Prepare the dough: beat the eggs with the sugar for 2 or 3 minutes. Add,still beating, the butter, the ricotta, lemon juice and zest, the almond extract and, at the end, the flour previously sifted with the baking powder. The dough should be smooth and silky.
- STEP 4Pour the dough into 12 muffin tins lined with paper cases (they should be filled at 3/4 of their height), and bake the cupcakes for 20-25 minutes in the oven untill golden. Allow to cool on a rack.
- STEP 5Prepare the lemon glaze adding about the juice of half a lemon (you can use the one you zested for the decoration), and mix untill you get a very dense glaze.
- STEP 6Pourone or two tbsp glaze over each cold muffin, add a few lemon stripes on top and let rest for 10-15 minutes before serving.