Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Chocolate & Nut Protein Balls
- Preparation and cooking time
- 30 mins chill time, 20 mins chocolate setting
- Makes 25 balls depending on size
A sweet, chocolate snack that is quick and easy to make. Satisfying and fewer calories than an equivalent chocolate bar.
- 235g Pitted Dates or any other dried fruit
- 115g Peanuts or any other nuts
- 110g Chunky Peanut butter or any other nut butter
- 40g Almonds or any other nuts
- 50g Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 5 Egg Whites
- 1/4 tsp of Salt
- 60g Vanilla Protein Powder or 60g Oats with 1tsp Vanilla Extract
- 100g Dark Chocolate, melted
- STEP 1Add to your food processor: Dates, Peanuts, Peanut Butter, Almonds, Cocoa Powder, Salt & Protein Powder. Blend until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- STEP 2Continue to blend on a medium speed whilst slowly adding the egg whites. Blend until a dough is formed. Remove the blender lid & blade.
- STEP 3With wet hands grab a dessert spoon amount of mix and roll into balls on your palms. Keep wetting your hands every 4-5 balls to avoid sticking. Place on a baking tray or baking parchment. Put in the fridge for 20-30 minutes
- STEP 4Break up the dark chocolate into a jug and put into the microwave on full power for 30 seconds, remove and stir for 1 minute, repeat until melted. Remove the balls from the fridge. Pour or drizzle the melted chocolate over the balls and leave to set.