Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A quick, easy and delicious version of this classic
- 1 large onion roughly chopped
- 1 large floury potato peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1 large head of broccoli roughly chopped
- 100g blue cheese stilton preferably
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- STEP 1Heat the oil in a pan, add the chopped onions, and cook gently until softened.
- STEP 2Add the potatoes and stock bring to the boil and simmer until the potatoes are tender.
- STEP 3Add the broccoli and cook for 3-4 minutes, until tender, add half the cheese, and blend until smooth.
- STEP 4Add salt and pepper to taste
- STEP 5Serve with the remaining cheese crumbled on top.