- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A simple and affordable take on a Chinese favourite, with sesame oil for authenticity.
- 2 chicken breasts, chopped into bite-size chunks
- 100g spring onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh, grated ginger
- 1 broccoli, chopped into florets
- 1 carrot, chopped
- Handful of frozen peas
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp Thai sweet chilli sauce
- 250g medium egg noodles
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Handful of sesame seeds (optional)
- 1/2 tbsp chilli powder (optional)
- STEP 1Heat oil in a large pan. Fry chicken until cooked, then add chopped spring onions, garlic and ginger, and stir for 2 minutes.
- STEP 2Add the broccoli, carrots and peas to the pan and stir for 5 minutes.
- STEP 3Add the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sweet chilli sauce and stock cube with a splash of water. Season and add chilli powder if using.
- STEP 4In a separate pan, submerge noodles in boiling water and cook according to packet instructions (usually simmer for 6 mins).
- STEP 5Add the drained noodles to the pan along with the sesame oil and sesame seeds if using. Stir until well mixed and serve.