Member recipe by shanecia2
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Biscuits
- 2 c all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 c cold butter or lard, cut into small pieces
- 1 c buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Use a pastry cutter to incorporate butter or lard into the mixture until crumbly. Stir in the buttermilk, just until it comes together.
- Turn the dough onto a flat, floured surface. Knead the dough gently, folding it in half and then pressing into itself 4-5 times. Press the dough lightly until it is 3/4 thick. Cut into 2 rounds.
- Place on baking sheet and bake 10-12 minutes until tops are golden brown.