Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Plus 10 to 12 hour soaking time. or overnight soaking recomended
- More effort
- Serves 4
An authentic North Indian Dish but loved all over India You Can find It at every Street / Corner as a savory Food.. lip smacking with crisp "Bhatooras" ( Indian fried bread"
Ingredients for Choley
- * 250 Grm White Chick Peas (Kabuli Chana-safed choley) (soaked overnight or at lest 8 to 10 hrs in warm water)
- * 1 Table Spoon Chana Daal (soaked
- * 1 Tea Bag
- * 1 Table Spoon Bhuna Zeera (Roasted and coarsely ground cumin seeds).
- * 1 T.Spoon turmeric powder .
- * 2 Table spoon Dhaniya powder (dry coriander seeds finely ground).
- * 2 T.Spoon degi mirch (very fine red chilly powder)
- * 1 big Table Spoon Full of (Imli ) tamarind pulp OR Anardana powder (pomegranate dry powder).
- * Puree of 3 medium tomatoes .
- * 2 Tablespoon oil ("i use- clarified butter = ghee")
- * 1 Heaped T.Spoon Garam masala powder
- * Salt To taste.
Ingredients for Bhaturey
- 1. 1/2 cup of potatoes (boiled & grated)
- 2. 1/2 cup Dahi (beaten curd )
- 3. 1 cup of all-purpose flour (Maida)
- 4. 1 Table Spoon Suji (rawa)
- 5. salt (to taste)
- 6. 1 & 1/2 tsp. of Cooking oil
7. More Cooking oil (for deep frying)
- 7. More Cooking oil (for deep frying)
- STEP 1Directions
- STEP 2Choley
- STEP 31. Pressure cook the Chanadaal and Chana (Chick Peas) with the tea bag for 3 whistles until they are soft. Keep aside. Discard the tea bag.
- STEP 42. Heat the oil in a pan.
- STEP 53. Add red chilli powder, pomegranate powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and salt and saute' for another minute.
- STEP 64. Add the tomatoes paste and saute for 2 minutes
- STEP 75. Add Tamarind Pulp (if not added pomegranate powder in dry masala )
- STEP 86. Add the chick Peas and its remaining water and mix well. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- STEP 97. Add Gram masala And set aside.
- STEP 10Bhaturey
- STEP 111.Combine the flour, Potato, 1½ teaspoons of oil , Dahi, Suji and salt and knead into a firm dough without using any water.
- STEP 122.Knead the dough very well until it is smooth. Cover with a wet muslin cloth and give rest to the dough for 10 minutes.
- STEP 133.Divide the dough into equal parts and roll out into circles of 125 mm. (5") diameter.
- STEP 144.Deep fry in hot oil until the bhaturas puff up and both sides are golden brown.
- STEP 155.Serve hot with the cholay, sliced Onion , chilly , lemon wedges & Green coriander
- STEP 16HOW TO MAKE TAMARIND PULP.
- STEP 171. Soak Imli (TAMARIND ) 1 small cup in warm water (desired quantity of water or 1 cup) for 2 /3 hours.
- STEP 182. mash Imli in water with hand or help of a flat spoon thoroughly.
- STEP 193. Sieve and drain the water and pulp with help of big net strainer.
- STEP 204. use this thick water as you require or boil it till it gets thick -cool on room temperature and store in fridge for later use .
- STEP 21For Garnishing The Choley
- STEP 221 Large Onion (sliced)
- STEP 234 lemon Wedges
- STEP 242-3 Green chilly - finely chopped
- STEP 25Fresh Green Coriander leaves - finely chopped
- STEP 26for more recipes pls log on to http://kitchenadda.blogspot.com