- Preparation and cooking time
- 1.5 hours to chill the dough
- Makes 60 biscuits
yummy rich chocolaty biscuits
- 150g cocoa powder
- 180g all purpose flour
- 0.5 tsp baking powder
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 225g butter
- 300g granulated sugar
- 100g light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 0.5 tsp instant coffee in 0.25 tsp warm water
- STEP 1Sift together the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, salt in a large bowl, and set aside
- STEP 2In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugar and brown sugar. Add the egg & yolk one at a time, then the vanilla, followed by the instant coffee.
- STEP 3Add the dry ingredients and mix until incorporated
- STEP 4Wrap with plastic wrap and cool in the refrigerator at least 1 hour.
- STEP 5Knead the dough slightly to help soften and avoid cracks when rolling. Place between 2 lightly floured sheets of parchment paper and roll into a 1/4-inch-thick rectangle.
- STEP 6Using a round cookie cutter, cut the dough into circles. Any scraps will have to be re-chilled before you can re-roll it
- STEP 7Place the cookies about 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets and chill for 20 minutes. Preheat the oven to 325f/165c.
- STEP 8Bake the cookies until they are set (about 20 minutes) be sure not to let them get too dark or the cookie will become bitter.