- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 8
A Lovely small pancake.
- 220g/8oz plain flour, sifted
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 pint of milk
- 50g/2oz butter
- STEP 1Sift the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl with a sieve held high above the bowl so the flour gets a airing.
- STEP 2Make a well in the centre of the flour and break the eggs into it.
- STEP 3Whisk the eggs making sure any bits of flour from around the edge of the bowl are mixed in with the
- STEP 4Gradually add small quantities of the milk, still whisking
- STEP 5Continue whisking until the batter is smooth, with the consistency of thin cream.
- STEP 6Melt the 50g/2oz of butter in a non-stick frying pan.
- STEP 7Melt the 50g/2oz of butter in a non-stick frying pan.
- STEP 8Spoon 2 tbsp of the melted butter into the batter and whisk it in.
- STEP 9Serve with what ever you want.
- STEP 10Enjoy.