Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
White chocolate and macadamia nut chewy cookies
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 20 cookies
I love subways cookies so I decided to try and make my own.
- 250g Plain flour
- 2g Baking powder
- 170g Butter (melted)
- 220g Light muscavado sugar
- 100g Caster sugar
- 15ml Vanilla extract
- 1 Egg
- 1 Egg yolk
- 200g White cooking chocolate
- 100g macadamia nuts
- A pinch of salt if using unsalted butter
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C (325 degrees F) Line your baking trays with parchment paper.
- STEP 2Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl (Add salt if required)
- STEP 3In a separate bowl, mix together the butter and sugars until combined.
- STEP 4Add the egg, extra egg yolk and vanilla to the butter/sugar mixture. Mix until a nice and creamy consistency.
- STEP 5Gradually mix in the flour/baking powder until combined
- STEP 6Chop up the white chocolate/macadamia nuts into 1cm (approx) pieces and add into the cookie dough mix.
- STEP 7Roll into golf ball sizes balls and flatten slightly onto you lined baking trays. Place them approx 3 inches apart. Place them into your preheated oven and cook for 15 minutes. Once 15 minutes has passed take them out of the oven and leave them on the baking trays for 5 minutes to firm up. After 5 minutes they can be placed onto a cooling rack. They will look under cooked but they will harden up once cooled on a cooling rack.