Tuna Mushroom Sauce for Pasta
Member recipe by saraheoliver
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 100g mushrooms (pref. chestnut), chopped
- 1 x 295g tin condensed mushroom soup
- White wine or lemon juice
- 1 x 185g tin tuna chunks, drained
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan. Add the onion and fry on a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and the mushrooms and cook on a low heat for 5 minutes. The onion should be soft and translucent, not browned.
- Add the mushroom soup and stir. Pour milk into the soup can to fill about 1/4 then add to the pan.
- Add a good splash of white wine (if using) or a good dash of lemon juice instead. Leave to simmer on a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tuna and seasoning and heat through. Best served with tagliatelle.