coffee & chocolate cheesecake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Chill in fridge for 1/2 hour
- Serves 8
The girls at work reckon its the best cheesecake they've ever eaten!
For the base
- 250g biscuits - either digestives or a mixture of chocolate bourbons and digestives
- 100g butter melted
- large tablespoon chocolate spread
For the cheesecake mix
- 300ml double cream whipped
- 400g philadelphia
- 200g mascarpone
- 125g icing sugar
- 100g grated chocolate
- 1-2 teaspoons instant coffee disolved in a little water
- STEP 1Crush the biscuits either by hand or machine.
- STEP 2Melt the butter and stir into the bisuits.
- STEP 3Soften the chocolate spread for about 30secs in the microwave then mix into the biscuit mixture.
- STEP 4Spread out in the bottom of a 25cm dish and firm down with your hands.
- STEP 5Put in the fridge to cool.
- STEP 6Whip the cream.
- STEP 7Mix well the philadelphia, mascarpone and icing sugar.
- STEP 8Stir in the dissolved coffee and grated chocolate.
- STEP 9Combine the cheese mixture and the cream.
- STEP 10Spread over the biscuit base then return to the fridge for at least 1/2 an hour.